Recently, I’ve been making myself go down to the local Barnes & Noble store in town to sit and write, and I noticed my word count almost tripled by doing this. As it turns out, when I’m not distracted by laundry, cleaning, and cooking, I can get a lot more done. Who knew?
I’ll try to be brief in this list of what I’m doing because it’s a lot.
I’ve had the honor of being asked to be a part of a boxed set with these amazing Regency authors!
This is due out June 7!
The best part is that this is only $0.99! Click on the image above to find out more about the books in this boxed set.
I should finish the first draft of The Earl’s Wallflower Bride this week!
Due out Early July!
This is book 3 in the Marriage by Arrangement Series. His Wicked Lady is book 1. Her Devilish Marquess is book 2.
I won’t spoil it, but toward the end of this book, a plot twist came up that had me so excited that I was almost jumping up and down right in the Barnes & Noble cafe area. This is why I don’t plot. I get to come across unexpected twists, and it’s the most thrilling experience I get to have as a writer. Seriously, I did not see this particular ending coming. It’s much better than I would have thought possible.
The Emotionally Engaging Character is Done with Edits!
This is book 2 in the Writing Tips Series. 11 Tips for New Writers is book 1, and I will soon have 11 Tips for New Writers up on Amazon. I’ll put it up when I put the pre-order up for The Emotionally Engaging Character, which should be this weekend.
Remember all those blog posts I did about creating the emotionally engaging character? I put them into a book with some light revisions.
Next up, I’ll be looking at popular character tropes in stories.
I should be done with the first draft of The Marriage Agreement by June 15!
Due out August 7!
This is book 2 in the Pioneer Series. Wagon Trail Bride is book 1. Groom for Hire will be book 3.
Just like Wagon Trail Bride, I have to write scenes out of order. So every day I write in this book, I usually switch between three different scenes in the story, not sure where each will fit in the timeline. This book is like putting a puzzle together. I can see the individual pieces, but until I have enough of them, I can’t see the larger picture. But as it worked in Wagon Trail Bride, it’s also been working in this story, too, and I am happy with the story and how smoothly it plays out (once I get the scene in the right place).
The Accidental Mail Order Bride is almost 1/4 of the way through!
Due out September 4! (Not sure if I can make it sooner, but I’ll try.)
This is book 3 in the Chance at Love Series. The Convenient Mail Order Bride is book 1. The Mistaken Mail Order Bride is book 2. The Bargain Mail Order Bride will be book 4. I am looking into making a book 5 featuring Caleb (the orphan boy Caroline brings with her in book 2).
And the subplot with the murder of Carl Richie’s wife is going strong in this one. For all of you who wanted to see Carl suffer because of how he was in The Convenient Mail Order Bride, this is where he gets what’s been coming to him.
And as I promised, I will reveal Lydia Richie’s killer. Travis is going to be instrumental in it, which is why it has to be this book where it happens.
This book has been so much fun because I’ve been wanting to do a Beauty and the Beast type of story for years. Now I’m finally getting to do it, and it’s so much more exciting than I thought it’d be.
Those are the main books I’m currently working on. I do have a preview of what’s coming up in my To-Write Plan:
- I’ll be starting a new Regency series once I finish up with The Earl’s Wallflower Bride. The series takes place in the same world the other Regency books do, so we’ll get to continue to see our favorite characters. Book 1 in this new series will be The Viscount’s Runaway Bride.
- I’ll be continuing with the Chance at Love Series. I originally planned for this to be three books. It then became four. And now I believe it may go on to be at least a couple more because the dynamics between the characters have been surprisingly powerful. I really want to write Caleb’s story when he becomes an adult.
- I will finish up the Pioneer Series with Groom for Hire once done with The Marriage Agreement.
- Once I finish Groom for Hire, I want to write Shane’s Deal (which will be book 4 in the Montana Collection). Mitch’s Win is book 1. Boaz’s Wager is book 2. Patty’s Gamble is book 3. Shane’s Deal with finish the Montana Collection.
- After I finish with Shane’s Deal, I plan to start a new historical western series. Sep (from Shotgun Groom) will finally get his story in His Auctioned Bride which will be book 1. I’m not sure what other characters we’ll see in this series, but I’ll do my best to bring in some of the Larsons. I have to see where the characters are in the timeline to see who is old enough to fit in.
So that’s a quick sneak peak ahead of what you can expect for the rest of this year and going into the next.